Kewo Engineering Corporation (KEC) is responsible for designing a new high-voltage substation for Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) and the Los Angles Department of Water and Power (LADWP).
KEC teamed with Clark/Arup and is designing all electrical aspects of the substation and the 230kV underground ductbanks intercepts to the substation.
Kewo Engineering provided LADWP with the following services:
- Develop basis of design and design narrative report.
- Develop electrical lighting design on the various stage (30%, 60%, 90%, 100%).
- Perform lighting engineering calculation, designs and analysis using various software such as CDEGS, ETAP, and DIALux.
- Perform voltage drop and short circuit analysis in lighting circuits.
- Develop distribution and transmission ductbank design.
- Conducting weekly project review meetings with the Owner, Utility and the other team members.
- Prepare request for information to be submitted to the utility and owner.
- Develop Title 24 Calculation for permitting purposes.
- Design two new control rooms with two battery rooms.