Kewo Engineering is responsible for developing Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings to upgrade the existing electrical system powering seventy-six submersible pumps in Tunnel 26.
Kewo Engineering provided Metrolink with the following services:
- Coordinate with SCE service planning to obtain existing information on the pole top transformer and request new or upgraded service.
- Electrical design and simulation based on loads of existing pumps and considering the worst-case scenario of all pumps running simultaneously.
- Develop a grounding system and install multiple ground rods through the tunnel.
- Transformer rating voltage upgrade.
- Develop and deliver electrical design drawings – 60% and 100% Issued for Construction.