Kewo Engineering is responsible for designing a new bus yard facility and all associated equipment for Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). Kewo Engineering teamed with Clark/Arup and is tasked to design all electrical aspects of the bus yard and the adjacent 4,080 sqft office building.
Kewo Engineering provided LAWA with the following services:
- Coordinate with LADWP for interconnection to 34.5kV/480 V Industrial Station equipment, including design and technical equipment in the facility.
- Develop power and conduit design including the specification for 40+ bus parking pads, bus chargers, and electric vehicle supply equipment complies with FAA requirements throughout the process.
- Develop a power plan for the office building that complies with Title 24 Power Distribution form.
- Perform lighting design and photometric study with Dialux in bus yard & parking lot area (outdoor) and office building (indoor) that comply with Title 24 calculation and form also provide battery-operated or equivalent emergency lighting facilities at construction areas.
- All design compliance with Los Angeles building code and policies of the building safety and applicable county, state, and federal codes, including but not limited to NEC 2017, NFPA, LADWP Electrical Service Requirements 2018, LAWA Design and Construction Handbook 2020, LEED, etc.
- Capable to maintain excellent coordination between another sub-discipline during various stages of submittal (30%, 60%, 90%, 100%).
- Perform voltage drop and short circuit analysis in lighting and electrical circuits.