Kewo Engineering is providing professional, technical, training, and engineering consulting services to support the successful planning, development, and implementation of Power System projects; projects to bring the LADWP Power System into compliance with new FERC, NERC, and WECC reliability standards while maintaining compliance with existing standards; projects to comply with enacted state legislation; Power System Reliability Program (PSRP) projects to renew aging infrastructure to industry standards; and efforts to introduce best industry practices to power system planning, design, maintenance, and operations.
Kewo Engineering is responsible for providing electrical engineering expertise and consultation for various tasks. These include:
- Engineering services for conventional generation, renewable energy, and renewable energy enabling and supporting projects including support in all aspects of civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
- Assist in integration, operation, maintenance, and management of a newly acquired generation facility.
- Assess generating unit reliability and provide recommendations for system improvements and training on the task(s) performed.
- Assist with various aspects of equipment and material procurement, design, drafting, and engineering services for transmission lines and substations.
- Assessments of potential renewable energy and conventional energy projects and technologies.
- Studies, analytical support, and industry expertise services for adequacy of existing resources, resource plans to expand or replace existing resources, opportunities to acquire lower-cost resources, rules and emerging policies that affect power supply, and best practices for the management of the LADWP’s power supply portfolio.