Kewo Engineering provided engineering services to the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) to demolish and replace series capacitors and associated equipment at the McCullough and Victorville Switching Stations.
This upgrade would increase series compensation from 35% to 70% which would support future renewable projects at Mohave and Navajo. Kewo Engineering’s services for this project include:
- Demolish and remove the existing series capacitors and associated equipment at the McCullough Switching Station (MSS) and Victorville Switching Station (VSS).
- Provide dedicated to design, engineer, procure, construct, install, test, and commission the new series capacitors and associated equipment, and provide training, preventative maintenance, and support services.
- Develop capacitor series design that is simple and future-proof for expandability and interoperability with other manufacturer components.
- Furnish the Series Capacitor Equipment that consists of two complete and independent protection systems for each segment of two-segment banks at McCullough and Victorville substations.
- Developed protection schematic for capacitor bank protection and control.
- Provided detailed design for additional capacitor bank that includes conduit, grounding, buswork, schematics, wiring, schedules, and protection.
- Reviewed manufacturer drawings, and provided markups, comments, and recommendations of approval.